Re: Steering wheel

To: pheuer@earthlink.net, alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Steering wheel
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:45:38 EDT
Paul,
       Sunbeam Specialties has a hub adapter and several styles of steering
wheels that will work on your car.  You will (probably) have to shorten the
(center) adjusting locking rod to clear the new center horn button arrangement.

To do this, spin on a die and thread the rod as far as you can, leave it on
the rod, then carefully cut the center rod about 1/2" shorter.  Dress the cut
area with a file and spin the die off, to clean the threads.  I offer the same
service for Tiger owners when I rebuild their steering columns.
Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle