Re: Traction Master eBay

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Traction Master eBay
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:17:32 -0700
 I have the un-common pivot point weld-on bars (came with car) and can see
that in suspension travel there is a missing pivot point (that being at the
spring to rear axle point). This I assume would cause something to bend (?).
Given rear sqwat under acceleration it seems like it could possibly induce
spring wrap-up instead of help to eliminate it. Maybe the differences are
too small, but I'm surprised that the the weld on point isn't ripped loose
more from suspension travel than from compression by torque rotated through
the axle. Well.  I'm no "Ing'in ear" so..... .
  I have never seen the bolt on type bars save for the picture on Ebay, but
it appears that it bolts (actually clamps ?) to the spring just behind the
mounting eye. Otherwise, the axle mounting end appears very similar. If that
is so I would think that simply cutting the bar, welding it to a piece of
angle plate (drilled with two holes) and clamping it over the spring with a
flat plate (also drilled with two holes) would very much replicate the bolt
on bars. One could probably do the job in under an hour (costing but a few
bucks) and not even have to remove the rear part of the bar if they were
incline to be lazy.
 Tom