Cleaning sap from car

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cleaning sap from car
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:18:54 EDT
I had asked for advice on cleaning pine tree sap from the paint of a car (no,
not the Tiger).  I thank  the many who responded with suggestions.  I tried
many of the common things like WD40 and most kitchen and bath cleaners (non
abrasives).  One of the ideas that I think came from  a suggested wed site said
alcohol.  Well, common old rubbing alcohol "Isopropyl Alcohol" takes the sap
off with no effort.  Just wipe on with a soft cloth soaked in the stuff and
wipe
the sap off....and we're talking sap that was in spots 1/8" thick in places.
I'm sure if took off any wax too, but the paint appears undamaged.

This white car had been buffed out last year and the white residue of the
paint was found on the black rubber trim.  Everything was tried to remove that
with little luck.  Well, this same alcohol took it right off with no damage to
the rubber.  It also took off the road tar with no effort.

So, listers this stuff is a bargain at about 49 cents at either the drug
store or grocery store.
Mark L.

PS  No matter how hard up you are...do not drink it;-)