Heater control valve

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Heater control valve
From: "Richard" <rcsphx@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 06:34:04 -0700
Hi All,

The heater control valve on the Tiger is leaking again.  I say again, because
this is the second one I've put on and it started leaking a couple months ago.
Since I didn't have any good ones left, and I wanted to retain the original
look, I broke this one apart and took out the guts. This would allow the
coolant to flow thru the heater core. I cut a thin piece of metal and blocked
off the heater vent inside the Tiger for the summer months, and I sealed the
valve with JB Weld thinking this would be a pretty permanent fix. Well it's
leaking again.  Why would the JB Weld not work?  I thought you could use this
stuff to even seal blocks.  Any ideas as to what I could use seal the valve so
it still look original but will stand up to the heat and coolant?

If I can't find an original heater control valve,  is there something that
will work as a replacement, and doesn't look to out of place in the engine
compartment?

Richard