Re: My Tiger Stretched it's Legs this Weekend

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: My Tiger Stretched it's Legs this Weekend
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:47:41 -0600
Hi Scott,
I have LAT-70's, and for whatever reason, the lug nuts (straight shank
type with washers) are too small for the holes in the wheels. This means
that just spinning the nuts onto the studs and torquing them down won't
necessarily center the wheels, and it will result in all kinds of wheel
shake. To get around this problem (without the obvious solution: figure
out Why This Is and fixing it), I first center the wheel using two or
four conical-seat lug nuts, then replace each of the conical seat nuts
one at a time with the shank type lug nut. This takes the shake out, but
obviously it's not the right long-term answer.

If anyone has a good answer on why these wheels should have oddball size
shank holes, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance, and good luck Scott,
Theo