Re: Dr. Gas - Rationale

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Dr. Gas - Rationale
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:15:53 -0800
So my memory isn't perfect, but I do remember Boyd slapping an example "X"
tube up in front of the "X" frame on Brian B's car when it was up on the rack.
It would have worked, but only, Boyd noted, if you modified the collector area
ala Theo's suggestion, or (and there was a little grin with this) "engineered
a set of custom equal length tube headers to make it really fit right."  At
this point, people were writhing on the ground, frothing at the mouth and
pulling wads of large bills out of their pockets, so he wandered off.  But I
think we'd all be interested in what happened when Brian B left his car
there.........??????
My (incomplete) understanding of the tech session coincides with what Tom W
said.  The efficiencies are achieved by a continuous alternating scavenging
effect.  But these systems are doing well for very high horsepower hi-tech
Nascar runners, where 5% could really make a difference.  Is anyone going to
notice 5% on a 225 horse street motor?  And lastly, even though I liked the
idea, the Vette that they ran up and down the parking lot sounded like one of
the old Turbine cars from the 196? N.Y. World's Fair.  You could make people
really feel bad, because after you blow them off, they'll still think you're
driving your wife's car !

                       Chris Hill