Exhaust pipe rattles

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Exhaust pipe rattles
From: "factum" <factum@dslextreme.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:40:07 -0800
One of the major problems I had when I went down the high hp, radical cam road
was my exhaust pipes contacting the sides of the frame holes, especially at
idle. I originally wrapped the pipes with asbestos to stop the noise but I
found that when I put in an H-pipe, the problem went away due the balance pipe
increasing the stability of the exhaust system and preventing most of the
exhaust system movement at the point where the exhaust passed through the
frame. The reduction in vibration/noise was noticeable and the Tiger pulled
noticeably harder at low to mid range rpm.

---