Warped Brake Disk Fiction

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Warped Brake Disk Fiction
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:14:00 -0800
Tigers,

At one time, or another, we have run into the story of braking vibration
under hard braking.  We have consistently been informed of the "warped
disc" syndrome.  They are wrong.

I have it on good authority (his name is Carroll, anyway) that this is a
load of horse puckey.  The link below leads to an erudite article on the
subject, with good picture links, and includes the cures to the issue
and suggestions on friction materials for your driving needs.

Spend some time and read the article, it will be well worth it.  Cheek
it out.

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/warped_rotors_myth.htm

Steve

--