I was WRONG about: Jensen Automotive?

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I was WRONG about: Jensen Automotive?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:19:22 -0800
It seems I erred in calling Jensen "only a contracted assembler, and not
the "prototype builders".  I have that backwards. as usual.  Jensen did,
indeed, produce 11 prototypes and provided engineering and manufacturing
engineering skills to the pre production Tigers.

Glad I found I read that wrong, and apologize for spreading my own
mis-reading.

Of course, it still suffers from some insufferable design flaws that are
typical of British cars (Did I say Lucas?), and work-arounds to
accommodate available parts left over from previous wars.  :-)

Someday we will get car parts from the "Scorpion" Aluminum Bodied, 4.2 E
Jaguar engined English tank that was fast as all get out. but burned
like and incendiary flare when hit, though.  Wonder why?

It was probably as effective as the H.M.S. Sheffield was in the
Falklands War. You do remember the so-called "Shiny Shef.",  pride of
the Royal Navy?  All aluminum.  It took a hit and the superstructure
burned to the deck.

Bless the British, it is their foibles that make us love them, and their
acceptance of them that make us wonder why.

Triple cream on the scones for everybody at tea. Up the Empire.

(It is rumored that Alexander the Great was really British.  I believe
that, as I heard him interviewed on PBS, and he sounded British to me.
even though he swears he is Welsh.)

Steve

--
-----