Re: Muscle car philosophy 101

To: Drmoonstone@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Muscle car philosophy 101
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:12:04 -0800 (PST)
Looks like a '73 Caddy Coupe Deville meets the muscle car criteria, but
a Buick GN doesn't? An El Camino also meets the criteria... I think.
I'd include the GN and I'm a true blue Ford guy.

It also looks like most Mustangs qualify.. at least up through 73.
Seems like late model 5.0s are every bit the muscle car the early cars
were.

How about the Chrysler 300 letter cars? Those don't seem to qualify yet
I've seen/heard many references to them as the real 1st muscle car.

Is a hopped up 55 Chevy a hot rod or muscle car? Many Hot rod guys
reject anything but the 30's cars... just check out the hot rods
allowed in Pebble Beach. On this criteria, they are also outcasts from
the muscle car group.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason to classify cars is to
proliferate tropheys at shows, not to exclude participation. It is all
about what the owner or others casual observers perceive it to be...
perception is reality.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250