Re: Rear End Gear Ratios

To: RMEbstein@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear End Gear Ratios
From: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:21:45 -0500
Rodney,

   I have the original (wide ratio) gears in my Mk II's Toploader, but
a DPO swapped in a 3.54 rear end.  My 0 - 60 is phenominal, and I can
light up the rear tires just by stomping on the gas (in 1st AND 2nd
gear!), but highway cruising is a real pain (75 mph = 3800 rpm).  My
engine is the original 289 with no mods.  I have an Edlebrock F4B and
Holley 4 barrel carb that I want to install (some day), but I'll
probably need to go back to the stock 2.88 gears to limit wheelspin.

Jim Sencindiver
B382100451/TAC 448
http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/sencindiver_j/default.asp