Fw: Hi Joey

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: Hi Joey
From: "Steve" <tiger.tail7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:14:42 -0800
This is a broken fulcrum pin from my car.
-Steve

Dave, you wrote: (also, to the list)

As my friend with a Phd in failure analysis says: 'Every pin no matter what
its composition will
fail in this application.  Its not a question of if just when.  When it
fails
the crack will progress at about 600 ft/sec.  Considering the pin is only
3/4
in across, it does take long for the pin to break thru. Unfortunately the
cracks are usually hidden in the A-arm sleeve.  The pins have to be removed
and
maganfluxed and microscopically checked. Even doing this will not guarantee
that just after you reinstall the pins, that a pin will break backing out of
the
garage.

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
IMGP1742.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
IMGP1740.jpg]