Re: On the subject of Joey?

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: On the subject of Joey?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:46:48 -0800 (PST)
Hi ALL and Merry Xmas to each of you and your familes.
Im in WVa visiting family- I left southern Il. Wed.
around 4 cst and sat 20 miles(18 hours) from
Evansville airport before concluding a 30 hour trip
which is about 465 miles to my sisters home in
charleston, WVa
  . The state of Ind. had NO as in ZERO snow removal
equipment on the hiway. We had a storm the night
before but it quit during the night, Il. had thier
section of I64 clean- but Ind. had ran a plow on the
right lane, in what appeared to me to have been
several hours prior to me crossing the state line-
Finally after nooon we moved into the west bound lane-
heading east only to get stopped again at Evansville's
exit- turn around and get into east bound lane- exit
for gas- get stuck- no gas anyway- pushed out- run
stoplight as I knew my girlfriends ford ramger pickup,
6 cyl. 2 wheel drive wouldnt pull the hill if I
stopped- back to the on ramp- waited for .5 hours
until a farmer got 6 cars and 2 semis rolling- made
the interstate again and drove east until I had to
stop for gas- wrecked the truck 30 miles from
Lousiville Ky- $85 for the wrecker to pull me out of
the snow beside the guard rail I hit- girlfriend still
isnt talking- Ky. highways wonderfull. can you sue a
state for failing to employee workers who should have
been on the job if it allows for thousands to be
trapped for hours in 14 degree temps. My friend Mike
ask if I was driving my Tiger- I would have maybe if
it was going to be 60 and sunny w/ no salt-well Ind.
didnt salt but Il.Ky and Wva did------------

All that said I havent seen email until a few hours
ago since Wed. at noon. I had some communication from
Steve(sorry pal- Im not sure which Steve)concerning
Joey and if I understand what he was getting at was if
Joey is real. I think he is. I have had several emails
exchanged between us discussing his Xmas gift, school,
grades, working and making money at his age- I called
him as I dont type so well and he introduced his dad
over the phone. We talked about his son, me giving
advice about getting the engine running- he cant drive
it for a long time- so getting it to start is first-
brakes come next- so on etc. I also highly reccomended
he ask the list for opinions and advice as several
guys on here are smarter than me- I talked to Joey
again last sat. a.m. and he told me he broke his gas
line at the pump) I gave him large instructions about
what and how but he turned the fitting in the pump
that the line connects to, not the fuel line fitting,
so he told me what he had done etc.
 guys I think Joey is a real kid. he is intelligent
and a bit ahead of himself in years as I new nothing
about any car at age 14 and he doesnt know tons but he
has a go kart and small engines, like for airplanes
and radio control cars, he has read the shop notes
book from cover to cover,including the CAT tips book
and has commented on what he has read in it. He tells
me he isnt a 5.0 student but he knows how important
good grades are and  I think he is walking on water-
his dad may be a little easier than I was when my son
was 16 as I would never allowed him to drive any Tiger
I had running until recently but he is 28 soon. Ive
talked to him about me driving my Tiger to visit him
this coming summer. he emailed me pics of him and his
family. I think he is a nice young man who is very
very lucky and he is as real as I am and I dont think
he is lying about anything he has said- His dad did
tell me the car was/is this yeras xmas present to his
son and we talked about cars and Joey doing the work
to put the Tiger back on the road- figuring he will be
16 by then.
  I hope this gets resolved rapidly as Ive received
email which Im not sure was meant to indicate "well
just exactly what". I have no reason to misrepresent
anything about myself and I dont believe Joe is
either.
 I hope this shed some light and if anyone has any
questions, speak up, Im not bashful.

Tony Lang