RE: Brake Adjustment Question

To: "'Steve Sage'" <fastsage@cox.net>, <TIGERS@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Brake Adjustment Question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:32:25 -0500
Steve
        I think this comes down to personal preferences.  I used to leave a
little resistance but sometimes it seemed that the brake drums were too hot
after driving and barely using the brakes.  Heat means too much drag and it
also mean parts are wearing faster.  I now back off the adjustment to no
resistance then check to make sure the brake pedal feels OK, that the brakes
work correctly when driving and park brake works well.
        From your description I would back the adjuster off one more click
and then check the brake pedal and the braking function, that's my
preference.

Ron Fraser