Re: Post ignition, post fuel AND (now) steering columns

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.co, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Post ignition, post fuel AND (now) steering columns
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:02:03 EST
In a message dated 12/22/2004 9:12:26 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
TIGEROOTES@aol.com writes:

This is  EXACTLY why all of my steering column rebuilds for 8+ years have had
Magnaflux  crack-tested sliding adjusters replaced before I return them to
their  owners.  I have two sliders right here that have failed the Magnaflux
crack test ... and I know of another one that allegedly failed while the car
was in motion, and that car slammed into a bridge bulkhead.  I say  allegedly,
because there was no proof beyond his word but I have known the  driver for 29
years.  Not quite conclusive,  huh?

Hi Listers,

Has anyone heard of this happening? Sliding adjusters cracking on the
steering column? If so, is it common?

Being a Tiger neophyte, I asked someone who's been restoring Tigers
professionally for 30 years and he has never heard of this happening  before.

Rodney