FI

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FI
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:08:53 EST
Since we're on the subject of fuel injection....
I've asked a few people why NASCAR requires carbs rather than FI in the
participating cars and two of the answers have been:  It's much easier for the
governing bodies to see that the players stay within the rules with a carb and
secondly, and probably more importantly....the fans can more easily relate to a
carb.  That is something that they understand a little.  And, spectator
interest is the most important thing in that business.
If I remember right, a recent article said that we really can't get that many
more horses with FI, but can definitely get cleaner burning engines and
better fuel economy.
So, what is the list's opinion on these two ideas?
Mark L.