RE: Wiring Woes

To: "'Theo Smit'" <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Subject: RE: Wiring Woes
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:31:47 -0800
Theo,

Thanks.  I know about the ammeter option and its connections.  I wired mine
in a while back and studied carefully so as not to get it wrong.  The
problem I'm having is not related to the ammeter wiring.

I retraced all the wiring carefully again one more time and all I can say is
my harness does not match the schematic.  It wouldn't have made any
difference with a car without an ammeter but it caused major trouble with an
ammeter (headlamps not through ammeter) and with the addition of the fuse on
the lamp circuit (made me put the fuse in the wrong place).  Simply put the
headlamp circuit and the purple circuit feed are swapped in the harness I
have.

I found a way to reroute some stuff and have everything working correctly
now.  I'm disappointed that the harness does not match the schematic because
of the PITA factor and that now things are even farther from stock so
trouble shooting down the road will be interesting.

Thanks to all who tipped me off that "on" is down.  Things seem OK now.

Frank
B9471116