Re: LAT valve covers

To: Terry Morris <TERMAR@Prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: LAT valve covers
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:44:06 -0800
Terry

Rootes LAT division's original required changes to the Shelby Cobra
tooling included not only the TIGER lettering, but having the rear fins
ground off the top to clear the firewall.  This works fine, even with
slightly thicker cover gaskets.  However, out-of-spec motor mounts, or
alterations, non stock heat shields or spacer washer, non original rear
motor mount, higher than LAT Edelbrock Hi-Rise manifolds, Holley carb
models, modifications for a carb spacer, or non stock air cleaners or
filters, can reduce adequate clearance to NOT adequate.

There is sufficient room and tolerance, provided the stack-up of changes
does go over the allowed limit.

Steve