mystery Tiger part

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: mystery Tiger part
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:05:16 EST
Okay, this is the story on the Tiger part...and I think Theo has come as
close as we are going to get with an answer.  I know where the part came from,
but
was never positive of its purpose.

It was bolted between the two front jacking slots.  The side plates are
mounted in a tapered fashion to fit in this area so I assume that the two
jacking
slots are mounted at an angle...can't get to my car to check at this time. As I
remember it fit in there pretty snugly  and was built to fit this spot.

There are 4 semi hook like affairs, 2 on each end.  The piece was mounted so
that these 4 hooks were pretty much parallel with the road.

I've thought right along and Theo came to the same conclusion, that the piece
was built to be used as a lifting point for a 'speed" jack as is sometimes
used on a race car. The funny thing is, there is absolutely nothing on the very
original car to indicate that it was used for anything other than highway
driving.

Some listers thought it was used as a towing device, but there are no holes
on the piece except the 4 mounting holes...and...the hook-like devices would
not hold a strap or chain the way the piece was mounted.  In fact, the
hook-like
pieces are almost straight and I doubt that they would hold a jack in the
manner discussed above.  But, this is the only possible use that I or anyone
else
can come up with.  Sorry the pictures are better.
So, now knowing the location...any other ideas?
Mark L.