National Clubs, etc.(Long)

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: National Clubs, etc.(Long)
From: MACHWIL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:57:25 EST
I'm not sure where I belong in this group. Seems I have some of all the
Shelby related cars in question. Plus I have been associated with most of the
clubs mentioned and have known Shelby, one way or another,  for 40  years.
I have belonged to (Shelby American Automobile Club) SAAC, still do.
Currently also one of the satellite clubs of SAAC, the Cobra Owners Club of
America,
Orange County (CA) for over 30 years. Membership in SAAC not required.  But
they are recognized by SAAC as important counterparts.
SAAC, is a unique club. It is PRIVATELY owned and classifies as a
(Beneficial Dictatorship) and as such is not all bad. The operators do a great
job! !
COCOAOC is a local club, as are many similar organizations throughout the
country.
Similarly, I have belonged to The Pantera Owners Club of America  (POCA) for
over 18 years, and the local club requires membership in POCA.  They get a
portion of the dues allocated to the club through POCA. This  organization has
elected officers (Bless them) and runs much as SAAC does. That  is, to the
benefit of the marques.
I find the Panteras the 32 Fords of our time. Almost everybody modifies  them
one way or the other, at his discression. No one seems to mind. There is a
class for (ORIGINAL) but very few are interested in it. (Seems they are sort of
 homely) Pure race cars abound, as well as highly modified street cars, both
cosmetic and mechanicly. Any one for a 4.6 4 cam or a 427 for or a big  Chevy?
Having bought a fairly original 1A recently, I'm torn between the two
options, but I'm going to try and reach a happy balance between the 2  extremes.
My cars are a ' 64 Cobra 289, a 70 Shelby, and a 73 Pantera currently.  There
are also, 67 Mini Cooper "S", 72 Ranchero, 56 F-100, ' 35 ELTO midget race
car and a ' 65 Galaxie 500 (390 with 19,800 miles)
In August, 2 of my cars sold at RUSSO and STEELE in Monterey. One  was a ' 65
Shelby, the other a ' 65 GT Mustang convertible. They both did very  well,
the Shelby outstanding (Maybe because of the Shelby name? )
I think your list here can serve to do as much good as any organization for
it's participants. There are a great many knowledgeable participants and  they
all seem to be forthcoming with that knowledge. Good luck to you all.
Bud