Re: Fantasy Island!!!Some

To: jxnichols@sbcglobal.net, Drmoonstone@aol.com, theo.smit@dynastream.com,
Subject: Re: Fantasy Island!!!Some
From: Bill Martin <tigerfixer@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:20:10 -0800 (PST)
 Jeff,
 If you knew the entire US race history of the Tiger
then I would give what you say merit. But you don't.
All you know is what you have read in books, that have
been long out of print. Do you know what it took to
get invited to the AARC back in the day? Do you know
how many Tigers competed in the US for 65 66 67 68 69?
You continue to state the the Tiger never won a
championship untill 99, Genius!!! you may be suprized
to know that most of us knew that. If that is your
criteria for "impressive" fine and thanks for letting
us know. But to have an informed opinion you need to
do reasearch. I have for the last year while doing the
restoration on the Hollywood car with Dale A, and I
have found a daunting ammount of race coverage on
Tigers in the US. Mike Taylors book lists 5 Races for
the 55 car in 1965, I have results for 15 in 1965 with
7 wins, 4 overall. Buck Tripples car was equally
successfull, but wait, you want "impressive". Sorry
don't know how to impress you. For those who are
impressed I am publishing a book on the Hollwood car,
I have race history on it through 1969. I am at about
150 pages so far and it has been fun and enlightening.
Don't know when I will be done but it will be worth
the
wait. Oh and by the way, In a recent sit down with Ron
Dykes he went on and on about how well he did in the
car. MMMmmm

http://my.yahoo.com