Ken Miles, wheels and Shelby display

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Ken Miles, wheels and Shelby display
From: <mjsutter@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:48:12 -0800
Stephan Jones asked:

 "does anyone know if the new Ken Miles book by Art Evans has a Tiger
section?"

Yes it does, 1 page. Its a reprint of an article that appeared in the July
1978 issue of Road and Track. Its only a partial reprint and the article is
followed by the following two sentences:

"The rest of the article goes on to tell about the Shelby conversion as well
as the rest of the Tiger story. Ken Miles had no further involvement."

Later in the book under the heading "The Shelby Years", there is mention of
Ken's involvement with the Sunbeam Tiger. It describes the transformation of
the Alpine into a real "Tiger" thanks to the installation of the V-8. Then the
article goes on to state that they were not nearly as successful as the
Cobras, partly due to the short wheelbase.

BTW, If your a Miles fan you need this book. Its more of a collection of
articles and interviews than it is a biography. I got it for my birthday last
year, opened it up, read the whole thing, then closed it. I never put it down
once, a great read for a Miles fan.

MS