UP DATE -- BRAKE/CLUTCH LINE FITTINGS

To: "FunbeamChuck" <FunbeamChuck@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: UP DATE -- BRAKE/CLUTCH LINE FITTINGS
From: "Ed Esslinger" <Edstiger@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:18:16 -0600
Thanks for all the suggestions.

  Funbeam Chuck came up with what worked for me. He suggested I remove the
brake master cylinder, to gain enough room, for a brake line wrench to fit
and loosen the clutch fitting. I needed to rebuild both master cylinders
anyway, as they have not been rebuilt in 40 years.

   65 Tiger suggested that I cut my brake line wrench in half to gain room.
This sounds like it would work if you only want to remove the clutch master
cylinder. May help to remove the voltage regulator on early Tigers to grab
hold of it.

  Larry suggested loosing the clutch master cylinder from the firewall to
gain more room, I didn't want to do this, as it may deform the tubing and
make it difficult to reinstall. But it might work OK.  Thanks once again to
all. Regards  Ed