Re: Shift linkage adjustment

To: "Frank P. Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Shift linkage adjustment
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:29:09 -0800
Frank,

My stock linkage is as smooth as a hot knife through tub margarine. The
problem might be in the proper adjustment, or worn, scored bushings, but
the correct place to check might be at the side shift levers on the
transmission.

You can disconnect the shifter link arms at the transmission levers and
place the transmission arms in neutral.  The shift levers, when the
selector is in  neutral, should slip right into the transmission arms.

 These transmission arms actually move the sliders and blockers to shift
gears.  The stick and arms have little resistance, and a little play.
Make sure the transmission levers change the gears smoothly, manually,
and that the lever center position coincides with the transmission lever
center position.  The end path is determined inside the transmission.

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman