Re: Oversized fuel tank

To: "Chuck Nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Subject: Re: Oversized fuel tank
From: milano164@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:38:32 +0000
You know me... always looking for that rare racing option.  The factory
oversized tank is a neat one.  I would like to own one myself - just as an
example.

In the 60's I can identify a few cars that had these

1) The 3 1961 Sebring cars
2) The Theodoli Alpine
3) Bud Rose's "Rosebud"
4) The Pickering/Moss Alpine
5) Ed Ross/Lloyd James
6) Bob Kimes
7) I would be willing to bet one of the '66 Dayton cars had one and probably
the Hollywood Sports Car Alpine.

A couple still exist that I know of but it would involve buying the hole car!
I wonder how many people found these tanks and never realized what they had.
If you look at one of these tanks you might mistake it for a DPO modification.

Steve