Re: spinners and Tiger driving

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>, <Caseyh4312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: spinners and Tiger driving
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:30:26 -0600
Steve- Thanks for telling Tiger Joe as I learned as well. Hope spring is
closer for you, I drive my Mk1 daily, she needs a bath and a detail. Driving
the mountains of WVa was a blast. There is almost zero places to pass-
unless you drive a Tiger and the curves would give the nascar guys a
workout- thats a thought- orgnized driving thru the mountains and valleys of
southern WVa. The side of the mountain- usualy a wall of soild rock, except
for the ribs(verticle) you notcied where they drilled and shot the cliffs to
make room for a road, the river which might look like a small harmless
creek(thats pornounced w/ 2 long Es & isnt a thing in your neck) until it
rains for a few days, then you drive into the rock wall or slide off the
road into the creek, also the curbs are often 1 to 3 feet after you leave
the narrow roadways- average speed(reccomended by signs with a drwaing of
the curve) is 25, a straight strech of more than an eigth mile ends in a 15
mph , ninety degree curve, watch for coal trucks, they are as wide as 5/8s
of the road itself. Driving the Tiger was a blast tho, xcept for the curves
slanted to my right as the ice on the rock walls was melting and running
across the road- so you are in the curve, time to accelerate thru and then
you wonder what will happen when you hit the stream of water- BUT the Tigers
15" Minilites never slid or the tires never cried in pain, Im sure I could
have been much more agressive BUT I keep thinking about broken fulcrum pins
and that helped to keep me in check. regards, TonytheTiger
PS- IF you gentelman or ladies ever have the oppurtunity to visit southern
WVa, during spring the mountains are a picture only God could have drawn,
ther are so many tees that bloom and the colors of the dogwoods, Buckeyes,
poplar and a long list of others will litterally take ones breath OR wait
till fall when just as many colors exist in the change of seasons, prior to
winter when the place is actually ugly. If near the world famous Greenbrier
Hotel in White Sulphur Springs- had dinner there with Bob Evans a few years
back. His son was my company commander in 1969, Bob also graduated from GMS.
Sometimes I get a free meal from telling the manager Im a family friend-
Tony WHO??NeWAY- take a vacation, see what few dare, rrive a Tiger thru the
greatest road course god has ever allowed. warmest regards to each reader.