Re: Carb Choices

To: Caseyh4312@aol.com, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Choices
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:50:21 -0800
Joey,

NO.  There is a reason that the Edelbrock HI-RISE manifold was chosen as
the LAT racing option, and the Holley 465 was in that package.  It flat
outperforms cheaper options.  Hi rise much better flow. 4 bbl much
better flow.  There was a low rise 4 bbl. version, but Vic Edelbrock
chose his Hi Rise because it was better.

If it were easy and cheap to stick a 2 bbl on a stock iron manifold,
that is what people would have done.  Those that chose that route were
outperformed.  In racing, there is no substitute for winning.

I do not know where you are getting your advice, but they have not the
experience with both, so they plain just don't know.

Steve