Re: Real Magnesium Wheels, Avoid Them?

To: RMEbstein@aol.com
Subject: Re: Real Magnesium Wheels, Avoid Them?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:40:15 -0800
Rodney,

While I would love to have a set of American Racing Silverstone wheels,
like my aluminum ones, as used by Art Reed in his racing Tiger, I would
not risk driving on them.

Older magnesium wheels are rejected as "not race worthy" by the SCCA due
to age embrittlement.  It would be OK for show purposes, but I would not
risk my life driving on them, much less "vigorously" using them.
Anyway, this is their opinion.

Steve