1961 Sebring Alpine... the trail continues....

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: 1961 Sebring Alpine... the trail continues....
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 16:23:18 -0400
Well, I located some more data regarding the 1961 Sebring Alpine that
was sold to Sunbeam Dealer Bill Buchman...  it looks like the chain of
ownership might of went like this.... leading down to the Miami area.

1) Bill Buchman - Sunbeam Dealer - Sarasota, Fl

2) Ralph Noseda - Perine, Fl  (Ralph went on to race Cobra's and other
big bore cars... he was racing IMSA into the 70's, but passed away in
1998)

3) George Lacy - Miami, Fl (can't seem to locate George... I called the
two Geo. Lacey listed in Florida and they weren't the right one...)

So, if you run into a Series II Alpine with a strange gas tank filler
area at the top of the fender like a Series III check it out more
closely!
(Actually, any racing Alpine found in Florida would be neat...there
were only 2-3 "active" in Nationals/Divisionals in the early to
Mid-60's  - one of those being Bill Buchman's old Series I.  It has a
list of wins that is very impressive)

Steve Silverstein