Newbie

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie
From: Jeffrey Holt <dadaruso@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 15:47:08 -0700 (PDT)
Howdy Tiger list.

I'm a complete newbie.

Looking for my first Tiger. And I have a few questions that Norman said the
list could offer some discussion on.

I am very interested in the whole "authentic" Tiger thing. But it seems to me
that most of the cars I'm seeing have different engines in them. Is a car still
an Authentic Tiger if the engione has been changed up, say from a 260 to a 289
or 302? What about transmissions?

What is the standard for Authentic? Is it just the body?

On this Barrett Jackson car I am seeing, what kinds of changes would make it
UNauthentic?

And twenty years from now, when Tigers are going across the block at Barrett
Jackson like Hemis are going across the block today, what makes them enjoy the
premium value. I can't imagine the Hemis being sold there would do very well if
the Hemi engine were changed out, so, what makes a Shelby Tiger retain its
value if the engine is changed? I assume that Shelby's biggest contribution to
the car was the engine, right? wrong?
Help my ignorance.

Thanks to the list.

J Holt - Alamo, CA
PS, if anyone has an Authentic Tiger to sell, I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks.