Re: nothing wrong with clones if not misrepresented

To: PhastPhill@aol.com, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: nothing wrong with clones if not misrepresented
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:53:10 -0700 (PDT)
And if no NOS parts are available anyway, you need big market demand to
justify the manufacture of repro parts. The clones help drive demand
and help support the repro/restoration business, which benefits all of
us. Repro parts are what make a car financially viable to restore.

How does the list feel about "Fake/repro" LAT items. I'm personally
glad they exist and have the Rick's TIGER valve covers and a repro hood
on my car, not to mention almost all the trim that was lost/damaged
over the years.

Do the repro LAT parts diminish the value of the originals? Most
certainly yes, from basic supply and demand. Imagine the eBay $ of
Tiger valve covers if repros had never been offered.

Does the greater Tiger community benefit from LAT and other repro
parts? Share your opinions.