RE: Regarding the Law

To: w_pierzga@msn.com, SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: RE: Regarding the Law
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:48:50 -0400
I snagged one of those VIN plates off of Ebay to put in my pile of
advertisements, brochures, etc...something to have I guess.

Personally I don't understand why the VIN plate would be placed in the
engine compartment subjected to wear and tear like that...I guess with a
convertible there might not be any good place if your car is left to rot.

Part of the reason I wanted one was to see the lettering on it since mine
has worn away. I have also looked on the internet and found very few decent
pictures of VIN plates.

Mine is not the condition I would want with a restored engine compartment
(it's in ok shape but nothing special). So my thoughts were to polish the
old plate up a bit. Duplicate the lettering from another plate on my
computer as close to original as possible then have them printed onto a
clear plastic film or maybe a clear decal and stick that over the top of
mine original VIN plate so I would have the best of both worlds...original
plate and nicer looking...and could be removed easily if needed.

Paul