re: tires

To: milward@adelphia.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: re: tires
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:17:17 EDT
You wrote:
Does anyone have a source in SCCA since I think they were used by the Ford
spec racer class?  Perhaps thats where they all went.
Bill
-
Bill,
       SCCA Spec Racer used Bridgestone Potenza 205-60-13-R on the rear of
that car.  I think they used 185-60-13-R on the front.  Bridgestone dropped
sponsorship of SR at least ten years ago and they discontinued making it.  Too
bad: in full tread it was the best DOT Legal rain tire I ever drove and shaved
it
was a very good dry tire and more predictable than Yokohama A-008-Rs.

Jim Leach    SCCA, Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle