Re: bumpers

To: "david hall" <dhhall@bellsouth.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bumpers
From: "bob josten" <bobjosten@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:54:10 -0700
The bumpers are the same but of course the brackets are different.
I had most of my chrome work done at Astro as they didn't act like the pot
metal parts were the first they had ever seen.

I didn't take my bumpers there though- I sent them to Verne's Plating in
Gardena. They had to do a small amount of tweaking and they came out fine.

I'm not sure that Astro does the bumpers in house but Verne's does. You
should also make sure that they sandblast the backside- many shops don't.

There is really only one company in Los Angeles that does near perfect
chrome work and that is Christianson Plating. When I talked to him the wait
was one year to even start the parts and he won't quote you prices until the
job is finished. According to all the other chrome shops he is the best but
I was scared off by the lack of a quote and the time factor.

Good luck.
Bob