Tiger is home

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger is home
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:39:34 EDT
Well brought the tiger home from Fl last week, right through a snow storm  in
WV. On the trailer helped but still covered in salt and dirt. Had a wonderful
 time at customs, they sure fell our cars are worth a whole lot. Grilled the
ell  out of me about how much I paid for it. Did I find it on the internet?
How did i  find out about it? Did I buy it on e-bay? Keep saying it looked mint
and must be  worth about 30,000 at least. Finally between me constantly
telling them to phone  Craig in fl, giving them the number etc, threating to
call
him myself we walked  around the car again this time with me. Started with the
bonded valance, clipped  front end, which you can see in the fenderwell area,
patched area on top of  fenders very easy to spot to a bodyman like me, back to
the patches in the  quarter panel, and oh yes the bent frame. Car looks great
from a few feet, but  it sure ain't mint, one of these wankers keep saying he
had done this for 18  years and was an "expert" Expert at being a real
JERK...Took an hour but won the  first battle. Lost the next taking car off
trailer,
my helper was in a hurry to  get home and keep saying it was fine to back
off. Ya right the exhaust was but  not the front valance, knocked about 5 lbs
of
bondo out of that. Just going to  hammer and dolly it out halfass and spray
some paint on it for now. Idea is to  drive the car for a season then get to
the
body. Washed the car, starter dies.  Knew it was a bit fussy so had bought a
new one from ford racing...m-11000. Of  course does not happen in garage and I
'm alone can't push it across the gravel laneway and up the slight incline
to garage. Cub Cadet to the rescue. Used a motorcycle tie down hooked over the
swaybar and draged it in the garge finally. Note here, I have read and been
told  that I do not need to use the two wire system they supply. That instead I
can  run one wire from the starter relay under the brake booster down to the
starter  moter solenoid and then just run a short jumper over to the other
terminal. In  the instructions ford in big letters says not to do this, the
starter will stay  engaged for a bit and eventually ruin it. They are right, I
had
to shorten  the wiring they sent, miles too long for a tiger, but nice stuff.
Nice mallable  ends so easy to spread and shorten to lenth and re crimp with
some shrink wrap  cover. Tryed it with just the one shortened and a little
jumper....ya it hung on  for a bit after starting. Shortened the other, ran it
like they said worked  fine. Put it all back in the nice wire wrap they sent
,looks good. Have to get  some longer starter bolts though, body casting is
thicker than the stock, but  the rest of the size sure is smaller.. Gotta get a
mechanical saftey to get my  plates in this province, should not be a prob,
rest
of front end pieces look  good and so do the brakes. Also found where the frame
was cracked on the inside  by the right motor mount. Looked only slightly
bent from the outside and Craig  said it alinged ok, seemed to when driven and
when followed. Anyway thats todays  projuct, get the mount off and fire up the
mig. I want to weld that up before I  put it on a rack and give it a little
pull. I don't think its back much but if i  can get it on a frame rack I think
we
could give it a pull without taking much  off, just maybe the bumper and the
engine mount. I may give it a four way  align first. Guees I gotta call in
some favors from the old days before I  retired....lol A bit of a rocky start
here but if the damn sun starts to shine  and I can get this thing out a drive
it
maybe i'll cheer up. Damn this is  like being back at work in a
shop.....least it's not flat rate....no rate  here...anyway a cuppa and
onward......cheers....phil