Heater Control Switch

To: "TIGERS List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater Control Switch
From: "FunbeamChuck" <FunbeamChuck@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:59:03 -0400
Hi Listers,
Saturday, I had an occasion to use then turn off my heater. Yes, it does get
cold enough in Florida for those of us with thin Florida blood. I noticed an
anti-freeze smell after turning it off. Found it was leaking out of the little
shaft at the end of the switch. Upon taking it out, and cleaning it up, I
found the rubber gasket thingy on the shaft that shuts the flow off had bits
out of it. I think I remember that the switch is not repairable, but would
like to ask if anyone knows a way to do it? Or know of someone who does?
Also, if it is not repairable, does anyone have a switch for a MK1a in good
working condition that would be willing to sell it? I'm sure, eventually,
there will be one on eBay, but it would be nice to have one now so I don't
have to run my heater all the time.

Thanks awfully,

All the Best,
FunbeamChuck