Re: heat

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heat
From: Fhsloth3@cs.com
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 13:06:27 EDT
Though I run a stock 260 in my MKI, my temp gauge always reads very high,
usually pegged. I installed a Stewart-Warner mechanical temp gauge for a while
and found that the operating temperature was more like 210 than the pegged
stock
gauge reading. I left this gauge un for a complete driving season and never
had overheat problems.

Granted, this is a stock 260 and not a high performance motor, but the
mechanical gauge confirmed my thoughts that the stock gauge was wrong. It might
be
the gauge or the voltage regulator, I don't know.

My two cents.

Fred baum
9470768