Re: Oil filter myths and legends

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Travis Hall" <tigerboy65@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Oil filter myths and legends
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 20:38:10 -0700
My brother use to work for Purolator.  He was the guy who ran the machine
that tested filters off the production line to check for specs. (filtration
levels of particulates).  He said Purolators were good filters (though this
probably doesn't account for various levels in the product line).
  According to my brother Caterpillar once set a (very high) spec. for
filtration and wasn't happy with what Purolator offered. They went looking
elsewhere and eventually returned to (and accepted) Purolator. There does
seem to be a quality issue but I'm not sure how it all "filters" down (pun
intended) for the average motorist.
Tom Witt