RE: Flush it?

To: "'Richard'" <rcsphx@qwest.net>, "'Tiger List'"
Subject: RE: Flush it?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:45:13 -0400
Richard
        I have found that most of the Radiator flush products on the market
now are almost useless.
I would drain the system and check what comes out for any contamination then
flush with just water, keep flushing with water until it is clear of any
contaminates.  Once you remove the radiator take a look inside and see if
there is any build up.

        First, I highly recommend you disconnect the heater core hoses,
flush and back flush the heater core separately.   Attach a long hose to one
side of the core to get the water away from the car a flush water through
the core then put the long hose on the other side of the core and back
flush, keep switching the hose until it flows clear in both directions.
It took me about 20 minutes to clear my heater core.   I was amazed at the
amount of junk that came out of the heater core.

Ron Fraser