New Magazine

To: "'Beamclub'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Magazine
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 21:41:05 -0400
At British Car Day on Sunday (Museum of Transportation, Brookline MA)
they were handing out sample issues of a new magazine, AUTO AFICIONADO.
Billing itself as "the journal for fine automobile collectors and
enthusiasts", this slickly produced bi-monthly is clearly aimed at the
high end of the market, given it's $9 per issue price.  It certainly
looks the part, with expensive looking production and several famous
names on the masthead.

Looking within issue #2 (May/June) issue, what did I find but an article
on the museum, ripe with photos of museum lawn events.  British Car Day
was represented by a photo from 2003, clearly showing the Tigers of Dana
Freeman (no doubt) and Dave Twombly ( I'm fairly sure).  I panicked when
I saw the shot, since it at first appeared to be one of mine, used
without permission.  But I checked my archives, and found that it wasn't
mine, but someone stood exactly where I did, within a few minutes of my
shots.

So I guess that's some sort of honor.  With all the Rollers and Jags
that always attend, Sunbeams were chosen to represent British Car Day in
a high end publication.

I'm not sure how wide their distribution is, but I'm sure they'll be
trying to make themselves known at major events around the country.
For free, it's a good deal.  For $9 (of $40 per year), I think I'll
pass.

Stu Brennan