Temp sender threads....

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Temp sender threads....
From: JHMEARSRN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 01:50:22 EDT
  I ordered a new Temperature Sender from Sunbeam Specialties.  I notice the
new
one has straight threads and the original one has tapered threads kind of
like a
plumbing pipe.  When I screw in the new one it threads in easily for several
turns
but bottoms out before the gasket /washer is snug.  I don't want to keep
tightening
and damage something.   I don't believe Rick would sell these if they were
unusable.
Any recommendations? Teflon tape?  A thick nylon washer?  A bushing of some
kind?
Any advice appreciated.

John Mears
9471072