Re: trademark situ

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Stephen Waybright" <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: trademark situ
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:07:55 -0500
BUT, Once he has established legal trademark rights

Steve , im my head makes an excellent point.It would seem to me we all stand
to lose something and our vendors stand to lose their livelyhood. There are
still kits cars sold but no longer as Cobra kits. It is unforseen exactly
how many rights a new trademark issue would convey. I dont think we as a
group, in order to protect ourselves and any and everything to do with the
marque, can just standby with a wait and see attitude.
  Recently someone ask IF we have an attorney amongest us. If so, please
step forward, if not, perhaps the Presidents of our clubs, our vendors and
ourselves could invest in enough attorney fees to find out exactly what a
new tradmark would mean. At least we would know if we are wasting time
talking about what may be nothing or what might be a terrible experience for
those of us who plan on always driving a Rootes product, specifically a
Sunbeam Tiger or Alpine.