Re: Springs

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Springs
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:50:57 EDT
Lewis,

I recently installed the 450 lb springs. There are 650 lb springs  available,
which I assume would be just strictly for race Tigers. The 450's are  stiff
enough, but I don't drive my Tiger that much so the stiffness hasn't  bothered
me yet. I did purchase a set of new CAT springs from eBay and  put them on a
shelf in my garage just in case I felt the 450's were to  stiff down the road.
The CAT springs are out of production for many  years. I was told by some
people on the List that the CAT springs,  while they ride more comfortably, may
experience some nose dive under hard  braking. I cannot verify that experience.

Also, I think Rob Guerra of Flying Tiger Enterprises in Northern California
was developing a 550 lb coil spring. Something in between the 450 and 650
offered by Dale A. I do not know the status of these springs, but his email
address is _tiger351w@comcast.net_ (mailto:tiger351w@comcast.net) .

Rodney