Re: Non-Tiger battery vs alternator problem

To: <CALUMETAIR@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Non-Tiger battery vs alternator problem
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:24 -0500
Am I missing something concerning idiots lights. I know Im stuck in the
older car world but Ive never heard of an idiot light indicating the
strength, reserve or length of the expected life of a battery. IF the idiot
light comes on then the alternator isnt charging during that period. If it
comes on occasionly and then goes off, there is an interuption of the
charging process, caused by the altrenator or the voltage regulator. The
battery could be shot and unless there is a new circuit programmed thru the
computer the idiot light only comes on when the syestem isnt charging, not
if it is over charging. Of course there is tons of techknowledge thats above
my head but I think charging syestems remain close to the same for a 91
Ford. Im fairly certain the battery has not reached the point of needing
replaced. It is still starting the car, the light just comes on occasionaly
and goes back off. Checking the output of the alternator would be my first
course of action. Dont fix what isnt broken and the battery is starting the
car, that is not a sign of a bad batttery. If someone knows about an idiot
light that tells the batterys condition, I would like to hear about it.Theo,
step in please, you are always in the ball park, in my head at least. TTT