Re: REMINDER - LA BRITISH MEET WAS CANCELED

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: REMINDER - LA BRITISH MEET WAS CANCELED
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:00:55 -0700
Steve Laifman wrote:

Rick - My admiration for your constant devotion to the cause.  I really
miss our Woodley Park (L.A. Valley) annual meets.What is the LA Shelby
Cobra group, or Chrysler group doing?  Wouldn't be so bad to allow the
Tiger's, and Alpines in a corner.  The Tigers are accepted for full
membership, and so are kit Cobra's.  Santa Monica Airport Museum British
Car Day no longer operating?

Steve
--------------------------------

Steve:
Santa Monica priced us out in 1995 (same BS as LA) and the Museum of Flying
and the DC3 restaurant went out of business about two years ago - We are
already looking for a new venue (Agoura, Burbank, Culver City, El Segundo,
etc - as in NOT LA) for the spring.

We are in a Catch 22,  Too big to be a "club" meet and too small (only 300
cars) and short of sponsors to afford the freight that the bigger clubs
with many national sponsors, wax companies and actual manufacturers support
- We have Moss, Victoria British and Sunbeam Specialties and that's
it..............

I'm doing my best ............. there seems to be more regulations and fees
each year.

Anyone who is interested in knowing about California British Car Activities
can contact me with their email address (and tell me if you are in the
north or south end of the state) to be part of the British Car Network.
This is completely non-commercial and exclusive mailing list to promote the
British car hobby in California. Even if I can't continue to do events, you
all will know about what is going on around the state. It is the best I can
do right now.

Cheers,
Rick Feibusch
Venice California