Cases?

To: "'Beamclub'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cases?
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 10:29:02 -0400
A couple members of the fleet that lives in my driveway needed oil
changes, so I went looking for oil.  What's going on with cases of oil?
Two of my usual sources, WalMart and Autozone, didn't have any cases of
Castrol, my favorite flavor, or many other brands.  Instead, they had 4
and 5 quart jugs, or individual quarts (which cost somewhat more than
the per quart cost in cases used to).   It's easy to pour a quart in
without spilling, but the gallons require a funnel or you really have a
mess.

Is this a nationwide marketing trend?  Or part of the giant right (or
left or green) wing conspiracy to make life difficult for car guys?

Stu