Re: transmissions - new options

To: "david hall" <dhhall@bellsouth.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: transmissions - new options
From: Rob Guerra <tiger351w@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:33:08 -0700
there have been many questions and rumors about how to install 5
speeds. Tom and I have installed several units and have cast a brand
new tail housing for the T-5

1. New tail housings have been cast.  these are custom designed so
when the transmission is rotated the shifter comes out straight up
through the stock hole in the transmission tunnel.  Pictures are
available of the new housing and installation.

the kit we are selling comes complete with new tailhousing, rear
mount, driveshaft (yoke to flange), bell housing adapter, shifter and
all the appropriate hardware for installation.

This unit uses your stock Ford Speedometer gear setup, which means no leaking.

The units have been cast and are going through final machining now
and will be available to ship in 6 weeks time.  Kit price $2250 plus shipping

installation of the tailhousing onto the T5 $475.00 (optional)
Instructions included in kit
T5 330 ft lb transmissions (i believe) are $1275.00
.73 or .80 overdrive options available @ additional $550.00

2. Tremec 3550 or TKO 500 / 600 transmissions

We have successfully installed these into Tigers also.  We have a new
modification that keeps you from having to cut into the arch across
the floor board, however you will need to do some slight
modifications to the tunnel and cut the shifter opening.

Tailhousing modification $450.00

this also requires a custom rear mount, driveshaft, hydraulic
throwout bearing, and other modifications.  We also have complete
photos of this installation available

I have a picture of the new T5 tailhousing available on a temporary
webpage http://tiger351w.home.comcast.net  our new website with
pictures and tech tips (www.tigerengineering.net) will be available soon.

Rob