Re: Tiger for sale

To: "Steve Sage" <fastsage@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger for sale
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:27:46 -0600
Steve,
The heater gets hot when water flows through it. If you block either the
inlet or the outlet, there is no flow, and no hot air from the heater core.
So it makes no difference which side of the core you put the control valve
on, from a heating perspective. Based on what I've found on my Tiger over
the past few months, there were probably several dozen air leaks from the
engine compartment through the firewall into the driver and passenger
footwells, and any of those would have contributed more hot air than the
heater ever did ;-) . Doing a diligent search for all cracks, gaps, and
poorly fitting grommets will probably uncover a few places where hot air is
getting through on most Tigers. If you want more insulation then you have to
start looking at solutions like the aluminum lined flexible insulation
sheets or the sheets of woven insulation mat.

Good luck,
Theo