Lime Rock Fall Festival

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Lime Rock Fall Festival
From: milano164@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:04:05 +0000
Stu,

Yes, I hate to say it but Monday at the track didn't get any better for me
either!

It sounds like you saw Jim Stein, in the 356, and I both go through the left
hander side by side.  Jim had pointed me around to pass him in the straight.
Unfortuantely, I wasn't able to get into third cleanly so my pass continued
beyond the straight into the turn....  anyhow, Jim drifted out and naturally, I
drifted further out and got into the loose outside edge of the turn.

Monday, a Turner had his suspension fail and debris was everywhere.  I think a
Porsche 356 may have had it's windshield shattered due to parts flying.   About
at the mid-point I must have it something  because of the loud bang and
something hit the floorpan (however, I didn't see that I hit anything).  It
sounded like my engine exploded.   After that I took it easy and watched my
gauges for the rest of the race.

Steve