Re: GT40P heads

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT40P heads
From: <pirouette@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 6:20:46 -0400
Guys,
     Theo's 2nd link answered one of my questions:  the exhaust ports on the
"P's" are probably not different in any critical way from most other factory
style heads.  The header problem alluded to but unexplained in most of what
I've read on these heads is due only to the changed spark plug location.
     But the link makes my original question (that  Tony reiterated) even more
tantalizingly unclear.  Would they work with any of the 40 years worth of
aftermarket Tiger headers?  The article makes it clear that some headers made
for regular heads will work with the "P's" in Mustangs and only because of very
slight differences in header conformation near the adjusted plug location.
     So lets set the stage.  Someone out there in high density urban Tiger land
with their engine out and a bare small block block sitting around and a couple
of spare head and exhaust gaskets and access to a set of each of the 40 years
of headers and two or three free weekends (THOUSANDS of such people surely
exist -- most anxious to volunteer!) needs to do a mockup of each and tell us
all what they find out.
     I'm so glad I asked.
                            cph